More jaw-dropping news has emerged…
$192 m Sun Project
OVER the course of two years, Kong Hee and American entertainment executive Jason Herz discussed possible plans to launch Ho Yeow Sun into the American music market. These included:
- Stars like Timbaland, Missy Elliot and Will:i:am to produce music for Ms Ho;
- A summer tour with Wyclef Jean, Akon and Rihanna;
- Engaging a Jamaican coach to help Ms Ho “grow in the Jamaican side that Wyclef wants to develop”;
- Gongfu training, dance training and possible speech and media training;
- For Ms Ho to be seen at important red carpet events.
The entire “Sun Project” in the US was going to cost more than US$150 million (S$192.4 million) over seven years and Ms Ho and Xtron’s net profit was projected at about US$27 million. But the first album, targeted for release in June 2010, never materialised. By then, investigation had begun into suspected irregularities in the church.
Source: By Melody Zaccheus, TheOnlineCitizen, Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151886098426383&set=a.10151419579406383.541806.14440041382&type=1&theater, 29/08/2013. (Accessed 02/09/2013.)